Touch FM go Dragon Boat Racing
Sunday 22nd May was the annual Dragon Boat festival in St Nicholas Park, Warwick. Every year, the festival raises thousands of pounds for good causes round here and this year, Touch FM entered a team. We weren't fast - but we did have a lot of fun. Our first race time was a staggering 1:55 (the slowest time of the day) - however, after throwing a couple of people overboard and re-grouping, we managed a very respectable 1:33 on our second and final race.
The final results from the day were:
1st place - Squabb Heroes (01:03)
2nd place - Blind Sports Celtic Warriors (01:04)
To find out more about Dragon Boat Racing, click here.
- Anna Sills gets to grips with an oar
- Louisa, Ben and the team practice on dry land
- Kirsty looks lost at the back!
- The Touch FM Dragon Boat racing team... a force to be reckoned with!
- Louisa and Anna Sills
- The team take to the water
- Rowing to the start line
- At the start line
- Under starters orders
- Louisa's getting into it
- Lots of splashing...
- Sainsbury's present WNAA with a cheque for £3,824
- Ben looks lost
- Last minute team-talk!
- Louis and Jason
- Louisa steps on board, helped by Kirsty
Add a comment
Log in to the club or enter your details below.